National Homelessness Named 2010 National Service Project
NEW YORK, NY (12/29/09) – Every year as part of a national service project, the sisters of Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Sorority, Inc. (C.U.S.) focus on a specific community service effort. Recent changes in the economy have lead to an increase in homelessness as residents are evicted or face their homes being foreclosed. To help address this issue, the Grand Chapter Board is proud to announce that for 2010 the organization will focus homelessness as their service project. As part of this initiative, C.U.S. has partnered with the National Coalition for the Homeless (NCH), a network of people who are currently experiencing or who have experienced homelessness, activists and advocates, community-based and faith-based service providers, and others committed to a single mission, end homelessness.
Throughout 2010, our graduate and undergraduate chapters will focus on raising awareness and supporting this cause by participating in many of the following activities:
• Organizing a collection drives for clothing & books
• Raising funds for programs that give directly to those experiencing homelessness
• Volunteering at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter
• Participating in National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week (November)
• Sponsoring programs that raise homeless awareness in their communities
As NCH states, we can help end homelessness by sampling “CAREing.”
Contribute (food drives, money, etc.)
Advocate Reach out (volunteering)
For more information please contact Jasmin Larach at firstname.lastname@example.org.